Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Two

Two days until I leave!  I am partially packed.  I'm trying to decide what to take for show and tell.  Oh to be among peeps!

I don't have much to show as I was stitching mainly black lines.  I got the bug to start something I had seen a few years ago.  A lady sitting next to me in class showed this beautiful blackwork project called "Winter".  It was from a Jill Oxton magazine (Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch and Beading Issue 66).  I tracked down the magazine and it has been in the back of my mind to stitch it for a while.  So I went looking for it last night.  It took a while to find.  The pattern calls for 25 count.  I thought I would try 28 count and just see how it looked.  I didn't like it.  Too clunky.  I want smaller and more delicate.  So I tried again with black silk and 32 count linen.  Oh, much better.

This is a pretty big project but all done in black and dark grey.

Then I did some cutting and pasting.  I bought the leaflet "May" from the Cross-Eyed Cricket Collection.

I don't want to stitch "May"  I want to mix up the letters and stitch "Amy" instead.  So I made a copy of the pattern and cut it up and pasted it back together.  Who knows if it will turn out.  But I think it will be fun to try.
It is a gray day here.  The walking and a little shopping is done.  Time for lunch.
A

2 comments:

  1. Winter is an interesting piece.
    That's a great idea to switch the letters for your own name. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atta girl, Amy, always thinking and doing things outside the box. I love it!

    ReplyDelete